A season of rest can be quite beneficial not only to the earth, but to us as well. In fact, the change that winter brings to our routines can give us just the charge we need to produce more abundant fruit in life. And it can be nice, really, if you open your mind to it. It might be hard to see how there can be any benefit to winter, but there are some, like:
1. More time for hobbies. Winter is great for writing, reading, arts and crafts, indoor sports, and civic functions. The dormancy of the outdoors can open new opportunities to connect with new people and interests.
2. The excitement of resolutions. Getting started on self improvement is invigorating, and it only takes 21 days to form a new habit. If you stay on that diet, keep on the exercise program, write the novel, clean the house, laying down the bad habit, or taking up a new good one for just 3 weeks, then you have a great chance of making it a part of everyday life. Sometimes, change is good, and just what you need to take those first steps to great life improvement.
3. It's easier to dress professionally (or at least nice) in the winter. You have to admit that it's easier to dress up pants, a sweater, and boots, than pants, a t-shirt, and sandals.
4. It's a blessing to homebodies. What better reason to hole up at home than an artic blast like we're having now? You have to admit that snow days beat sick days anytime. After all, when you're sick, you can't really enjoy the time off - but a snow day is the blessing of an unexpected holiday.
5. If you hate the heat, then here's your relief. Remember those scorching days last summer? That's just it - it's only a memory.
I know it doesn't seem like much, but then again it doesn't take much to brighten your days. So don't lose that post holiday glow just yet. Let it continue to inspire you to find the benefits to this season of rest. Never fear - spring always comes back. Until then, here are a few things to help you get your year off to the right start.
That's all today. Take care and have a great rest of the week.