1. Term limits. Obviously, you're tired if all people have to do is scream loud enough for long enough for you to give them what they want. Enough with career politicians. If term limits are good enough for the President, the Vice-President, and Governors, then it's good enough for Senators, House Representatives, Judges, and appointed officials. 8 years maybe, 10 years tops, then you move on to allow fresh faces and new ideas while you integrate back into the reality you've shaped all these years. Don't be a wuss. Be a real person like the rest of us for most of your life. Trust me, the world looks different when you have to live with the decisions you and your buddies make every day.
2. You got the unrestricted freedom to marry, and I want the unrestricted freedom to carry. Has anybody noticed that all of these mass shootings have happened in places where people aren't allowed to conceal carry? Schools, theaters, churches - nobody shoots up the mall because they don't know who might shoot back! People with a CWP have gone through extensive firearms training, and frankly I don't think anybody but a doctor or an establishment serving or selling alcohol should have the right to tell us that we can't carry. I've had enough of people trying to victimize me, and since I got my CWP, it suddenly quit happening. The reason is simple: it evens the odds in an uncomfortable way for the bad guys. When people creep up close enough to catch sight of the .32 or .380 in your purse, you're a much less tempting target. Suddenly, they don't need the ride, the spare change, or the directions so badly anymore. I had somebody try to shove me in my car and force me to drive them to the boonies once, so you're darn right that I'm a right wing nut about gun rights.
Don't restrict guns. Let those of us trained to use them protect ourselves and others. Trust me, I have a degree in psychology, and I can tell you that the uncertainty of whose packing will be a more powerful deterrent to the next radical that the media or jail will be.
3. Make the penalties for animal abuse the same as they are for doing it to a human being. Studies have proven that most murders started out by harming and killing animals because a $50 fine and a "don't do that again" isn't a powerful punishment. You know those horrible pictures of abused animals on TV and social media aren't effective either, because like shootings in places that don't allow people to conceal carry, the people doing it just don't get it. They're hard headed enough to block it out. On the other hand, I'll bet murders would drop significantly if you could get death row for that dog or cat you abused and killed. Add that to unrestricted freedom to conceal carry, and this country would be a safer place.
4. Get progressive enough to shorten the work week to 4 days. Our State House and Senate only convene for 3 days a week, 6 months out of the year. Excuse me? A 2 day weekend isn't long enough for anybody to get anything meaningful done, and get some rest - and you know this. The people making the rules aren't working 40 hour weeks, so why is everybody else expected to do it? Make 32 hours a week a full time job. Doesn't Denmark do that - and they're rated one of the happiest countries in the world? Yea, there you have it. Forget taking down flags - what we really want is a shorter work week!
5. Do something about radical terrorism already. When these radical extremest say "death to American's," they mean all of us, regardless of race, sex, religion, what flag is on our State House, or who can marry whom. Isn't anybody worried about that? Does anybody care that there's an entire group out there that wants to purge the earth of Western Society? Folks, we need to quit fighting each other and deal with these radicals before they take us to World War III.
So that's my list to scream about. Who's with me? If we make enough noise, we can make it happen, folks. Just take a look around.
That's all today. Take care, and enjoy the rest of your weekend.